Multi channel retailing has become a great aspect of any business strategy! Read and learn the multi channel retailing advantages and disadvantages!
The multichannel retailing is all about optimizing a business across multiple channels. You will be able to increase your revenue by offering the customers to engage with your brand through different platforms. In other words, you are offering your customers a greater choice.
Before, multichannel retailing has a different meaning, it explained a business that offers their products both offline and online.
Today, multichannel retailing has become a really important element for those businesses that have no physical shops or catalogs and are operating in the digital worlds as multi-merchant ecommerce platforms.
It is really important in today’s virtual and competitive environment that you give your customers various options to purchase your items from different places.
Other topics that you can check in:
Here are some of the multi channel retailing advantages and disadvantages you should know about:
- Increased revenue and profit – You will be able to sell 24/7 to your customers. The chances of your products being seen or sold also increase.
- Better analytics and data collection – Keeping an eye on the consumer behavior is also very important. In increasing present sales or in predicting future growth, the data analysis can show a real picture of where the seller is right know. Multi channel retailing is a great way of collecting data.
- Different channels for various products – If you are selling various products you can divide your products and sell them on marketplaces that specifically sell those products.
- Increased cost – Using marketing channels is proven to be directly proportional to the cost which means – the more marketing channels you use – the higher the fees.
- Stock control – It can be really challenging to manage all those different selling channels successfully, especially when it comes to stock control. This is really tricky as you will be selling the same product on multiple channels.
- Fulfilling customers needs and expectations – It is not easy to offer your customers the same experience through various marketplaces. The customer expects a specific experience from your online store and not from the channel and the store comes with its own responsibility to fulfill their needs, as well as, expectations.
- Despite a few cons, multichannel retailing has become a crucial element for retailers to reach out to different customers and potential buyers, from different locations.
From cost control and multi-channel retailing to inventory management and more, our #Retail customers have found ways to meet the ever-changing needs of a challenging industry. Discover how: https://t.co/dilMmzz4vv #UCC #CustomerExperience pic.twitter.com/zbWXXz0bKG
— Mitel® Official (@Mitel) 28 de mayo de 2018